Coach’s Specialty Skills:
Olympic Weightlifting and Strength Performance Coaching
“Joint-by-Joint” Biomechanical Movement Analysis Critique
Education of the Universal “Bracing Mind” and full body Torque Pattern Functions for all Movements
Word From the Coach:
“Hello hello!! My name is Braden, and I have a passion for Movement. Specifically – I’ve combined my dancing skillz, my mind, and my weightlifting passion to formulate a unique perspective of how to move!! And really, what that means is – I teach you how to UNDERSTAND optimal movement efficiency. Acting from your body for your health, power output and strength performance – OR, whatever it is you’re doing – I make you move and flex perfectly for function. I’ve coached people from every background and athletic history type. General to Elite athletic demographic – to me it’s all joint movement in a 3-D space. When I coach you, we look at what you’re doing, look at your joints and body positions, your muscle strength, energy system performance, what it is you need to accomplish, etc… and then get you rockin’ at what your doin’ and on a path of progression towards what you want to accomplish!! And you’re going to MOVE WELL!! Haha!
I start with mobility and strength assessment, I teach what I call the “The Universal Bracing Mind” and I have educational progressions and analysis systems for getting you moving properly in what you’re doing. I came to this knowledge through years of experience coaching, competing in athletics (rugby, popping battles, and Olympic Weightlifting), educating alongside other professionals in the field, mentorship, and my personal constant pursuit of knowledge and novelty.
I spend my time Olympic Weightlifting, dancing whilst exploring my own personal movement detail, and coaching. By dancing, I specifically mean “Popping and Waving” -> to me, it resembles a joint by joint fluidity control and application to illusion. I then apply this “Joint-by-Joint” skill set to a “Strength Illusion” haha – which is really just torque instead of fluidity in your joints and having the proper “dance” or “strength pattern” to perform what you want to do -> and then I do a Snatch haha. Or, you know, Olympic Weightlift and have fun slangin’ some weights.”
- Snatch 155kg/341lbs @ BW 105kg
- CJ 190kg/419lbs @ BW 105kg
- Back Squat 600lbs
- Deadlift 600lbs (beltless)
- Behind the Neck Thruster 400lbs
- 2013 Rugby State Champions (UTAH)
- 2015 USAW JR Nationals Bronze Total
- 11+ Broken Utah State Records USAW across two weight classes
- Many Local Competition 1st Place Finishes and Best Lifter
- Created South County Crusaders Rugby Team in Highschool, coached and captained to Victory (2009-2014)
- Youth USAW Nationals (7 Medals across athletes) (2014-2018)
- Generated Youth USA Team Athlete (2018)
- Powerlifting State Record Broken (2019, female bench)
- Movement Performance Coach for Team USA Luge/Double Luge Athlete (2019-2021)
- Coaching Certs (USAW L1, CF L1, CrossRoads Alliance Adaptive Athlete Cert, Experience)
Types of Individuals Coached:
- General Health and Wellness Individuals
- Olympic Lifters (beginner and experienced)
- CrossFit Games Athletes (solo and team)
- Strongman Competitors
- Highschool Youth Athletics Individuals and Teams (football, lacrosse, basketball, track)
- Adaptive Athletes (missing limbs, brain trauma/neurology)
- Ironman and Spartan Athletes
- Retired Professional Sports Athletes
- Your Mom
- Barbell Vibe Olympic Weightlifting Club
- M/T/TH @ 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Description: An Open Floor Coaching Type Setting, working Olympic Lifting Programming, Movement and Team Training. All Lifting Members have gone through a prerequisite of Movement Education, to ensure high quality training and fluidity with general ques and movement language.
- *Contact Info Below to Apply and Schedule Assessment
- Group Personal Training
- Description: Group calibrated training based on needs, always revolving around movement health and functionality at base. Schedule Flexible.
Personal Training Session Types:
- Educational: A session type surrounding knowledge gain and foundational internal awareness turned into movement application.
- “Bracing Mind” – Basic Strength Patterns and Movement Assessment
- Extension -> Olympic Strength Patterns and Technique (or Sport Specific)
- Accessory Training and Base Function General Training: The “true application” of torque expression “Bracing Mind”.
- In these sessions we work together live in detail to apply the proper flex in torque patterns, and ensure movement performance perfection – working imbalances, weakness, and new internal intentions. This is where we tie all the “proper flexes” and torque patterns into progressive application and ability.
- Initial Assessment and/or Elite Action Live Coaching Movement Assessment: A movement and knowledge Assessment for either the inquiring individual or the Elite Athlete.
- These session types are for athletes and individuals looking for introspection and critique towards their Movement Performance.
- New Athlete Assessment Example -> The direction of the Initial Assessment will vary based on the individual athlete’s previous experience. During a New Athletes Initial Assessment, base mechanics and strength knowledge concepts are taught as well as discussion towards goals and lifestyle.
- Elite Athlete Assessment -> Live action and “eyes on coaching” are what we do here. With Movement Analysis and Breakdown, we look at the way you are currently performing and analyze what you are missing in your Movement or Internal Performance Que’s.
Contact me to schedule an Assessment!! Here is my personal info:
Phone Number: 801-822-3300 (text or call, text preferred)
Thank you for taking the time to read my Bio!! I hope I have intrigued you with the insight of a new perspective towards fitness and performance, and a taste of your potential.